JTB Studios is an industry leading and fast-growing creative web design agency in Melbourne creating beautiful, powerful award winning digital – each project is a careful cultivation of talent and technology. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a creative Senior Designer who shares a passion for beautiful design, collaboration, and quality
- Experienced UI/UX Designers looking to grow and develop their career
- Full time permanent positions with flexible and remote working on offer
- Please ensure your application includes a link to your folio
/// The Role
- Work within a team environment to deliver best-in-class design solutions for a range of different clients and industries. This process will involve:
- Solving complex UI and UX problems with simple and elegant outcomes.
- A strong focus on delivering bespoke, innovative solutions. We look to benchmark every industry we work in.
- Construction of seamless wireframes & interactive prototypes with a user centred focus.
- Document your designs, interactions and functionality to collaborate with developers and ensure seamless delivery.
- Advise our performance team on UI and UX solutions for digital behaviours that need improvement.
- Cooperatively run strategy workshops with clients, deciding strategic design direction driven by company objectives and customer goals.
- Understand clients overall needs as a business and provide solutions focused around growth.
- You will work on a broad range of projects including; Digital Transformations, Company Websites, Software Portals, Digital Products, Landing Pages, Web and Native Mobile Applications and Marketing Lead Gen Campaigns.
- Lead visual design both on and off the tools
- Help facilitate workshops
- Conceptual low / mid and high-fidelity wireframes
- User interface and visual concept designs
- Guiding full design responsibilities on projects + leading designs with supporting designer
- Strategy implementation
- Branding and design assets accompanying design deliverables
- Create and lead design presentations
- Mentoring and leading designers will less experience
- Project estimations
- Assisting design resourcing and designer allocation
- Work on strategy and overall project directions
- Assisting in new business with designs of Proposals and New Pitch Decks
- Growth & Training
- We have 2.5 hours a week of training and skill development time this can occur 30 minutes a day or in one time block. Our aim is to invest in you as you grow in your digital career, given that, we are open to a range of options such as courses and additional training within the agency too including Agile training.
- Flexible and Remote Working
- Our agency works from South Melbourne on flexible working arrangements. Currently working remote and going into the office 1 time a week on average. But we give our staff the flexibility to decide the most appropriate use of their time and engagement in person or remote.
/// About You
- 8+ years experience (preferably within an agency)
- Be an arbiter of quality
- Have strong animation and interaction skills to explain you vision and bring it to life
- Experience with modern design and prototyping tools; Figma, Sketch, XD, Adobe CC Softwares, Invision,etc.
- Ability to present and concisely explain and discuss design options to technical & non-technical stakeholders
- You care about beautiful design, coupled with excellent UX to ensure your digital solutions are intuitive and perform
- Ensuring that absolute quality and attention to detail is delivered each time
- Ability to communicate design decisions and justification for solutions
- You are creative, passionate and up-to-date with digital trends
- Comfortable working across multiple brands and within brand guidelines
- Strong written and communication skills
- Positive attitude and a passion and a will to further your knowledge in design theory and application
- Effectively manage your design hours and work alongside a project manager to work within project budget and deadlines
- Understand and can apply best practice UI design principles in autopilot
- Passionate about the performance of your design interfaces
- Comfortable and have worked with branding, identity design and print design
- Comfortable working within a modern and passionate design team
/// Our Studio
JTB Studios is a Melbourne independent Digital Agency, with over 15 years in the industry. We work closely with a range of clients and industries to create beautiful digital solutions that deliver big results. We work with national and international brands, delivering transformative design solutions, from a range of different industries and categories of work (e.g. Education, ECommerce, Government, Fashion, Start Ups, Portals, Finance, Real estate etc.).
We are a team of experienced and passionate individuals who are extremely welcoming, friendly and all love what we do. We offer a competitive industry salary, supporting and fun working environment focused around a work-life balance and world leading skill development in a collaborative environment. Join an environment where you work hard within a supportive team, design world class projects, then enjoy all the rewards later with family and friends no later than 5:00pm each evening.
Our agency works from South Melbourne on flexible working arrangements. Currently working remote and going into the office 1-2 times a week on average.
This is a full-time position with a preference for a 1–4 week start. If this sounds like a place you’d like to spend the bulk of your time, send an email to [email protected] with the following attachments:
Any relevant design experience (Link to portfolio or PDF or Behance etc.)
Please Note: Applications without a portfolio or relevant website examples will not be considered.